Article from CBC News:
The Rosslyn was evacuated on May 15 with the vast majority of people living there being transferred to hospital following an outbreak of the virus that has infected 64 residents and 22 staff members.
Officials previously said the home was cleared as the number of ill residents continued to rise and staffing levels dwindled.
The home remains empty and officials say it won’t be opened again until the owners comply with orders from both Hamilton public health and the Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority, which said it “did not follow certain sections of the Retirement Homes Act pertaining to infection prevention and control and failure to protect residents from neglect.”
Paul Johnson, director of Hamilton’s emergency operations centre, said the home seemed to lack a “true understanding” about the importance of infection prevention and control.